Thursday, June 26, 2014

Making lamps


I've been enjoying making lamps lately. Here are a couple more. This first one is a marble base floor lamp. I turned everything from brass. The base is carved wood painted gold to simulate a casting like the one I found in mom's attic :)  The "marble" is turned from Italian Evergreen soapstone.


 I turned the lampshade from acrylic. I turned and threaded the little knurled screw to hold the shade in. The lamp is adjustable for height with another knurled, turned and threaded screw.


This is the lamp lit:


****************************


Here's a little table lamp. Turned from brass, the shade and base turned acrylic.


And here it is lit:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lemon tree update



He's outside now, he seems to like it. Some beautiful marigolds are keeping him company.











11 comments:

  1. Hello Linda,
    Amazing! The lamps are just beautiful and it amazes me just how many skill you have mastered. They look perfect and are so accurately detailed. Excellent work Linda, you are a real mini master!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to believe these these are your first lamps. The floor lamp is perfect! I love the "green marble", the carving on the base and the tiny screws to make the adjustments. BEAUTIFUL!!!! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lamps are amazing and the detail you put in them is incredible! Your work is so perfect! The tiny adjusting screws.....Unbelievable!!!! Wow!!!
    And the lemon tree is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your lamps! The floor lamp is amazing! I wondered if the colour of the lamps lit is because of the acrylic or low voltage? Love it either way, just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reminding me, yes it is low voltage I forgot to say I was just touching the wires to a 9V battery for testing, then for photographing. I haven't put them in a dollhouse with the 12V yet :)

      Delete
  5. I have just found your blog, and your lamps (and everything else) are just unreal, amazing. I can't wait to go through all your posts.
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lamps are wonderful - it seems like you can turn just about anything. I am so happy the lemon tree is doing well. He has come a long way from a little speck of green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there any thing you CAN'T do, Linda? You are so multi-talented! Your lamps look all the better in your lovely backdrop. Congrats on your lemon tree, too!

    XOXO,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I love them I can't believe they light up too..great job :)

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful lamps Linda and they look lovely in your room.

    ReplyDelete